Stainless steel jewelry is known for its mesmerizing beauty and versatility. However, ordinary wear and tear can cause dirt and dust to accumulate on those pieces. Generally, there is no rust on the steel jewelry, it can be dull from tarnish because of pollution and small scratches. If the jewelry has lost its luster, it’s time to clean it. Cleaning stainless steel jewelry is a simple process that can be easily done by using household ingredients. In this blog, we will study in detail about top five best methods for cleaning stainless steel jewelry, which include mild cleaners, baking soda, ultrasonic cleaners, toothpaste, and vinegar. These methods are effective, less expensive, and maintain the shine and sparkle of your stainless-steel jewelry.
Method 1: Use a Mild Cleaner Like Dish Soap and Water
One of the easiest and maximum accessible ways to clean stainless steel jewelry is by using a mild purifier including dish soap and warm water. This method works well for stainless steel jewelry that can be submerged in water for soaking. It should not be used if the jewelry contains pearls or other soft gemstones contains in jewelry then, you should not adopt this method. The step-by-step process of cleaning the jewelry is:
- Fill two small bowls with warm water.
- Add a few drops of moderate dish-cleaning soap to one of the bowls.
- Dip a lint-free fabric or microfiber material into the soapy water and lightly ease the jewelry, scrubbing alongside the grain of the stainless steel.
- Rinse the jewelry in the second bowl of clean water.
- Polish the jewelry with a polishing fabric to complete the cleaning system.
Method 2: How to Polish Stainless Steel Jewelry Using Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of the mild abrasive ways that works well if there is grime caught in intricately engraved jewelry or small openings in stainless steel chains. Baking soda is a versatile and effective cleansing way for various purposes, inclusive of cleaning stainless steel jewelry. Steps we have to follow while using of baking soda for cleaning steel jewelry:
- Make a thick paste by combining 1 tablespoon of baking soda with ½ tablespoon of water.
- Dip the ends of a smooth-bristle toothbrush into the paste.
- Gently rub the toothbrush over the jewelry, focusing on the crevices and crannies.
- Use a toothpick to remove any dust or grime from hard regions.
- Rinse the jewelry with warm water and dry it with the use of a soft towel.
- If the stainless steel jewelry has rust, you can apply a drop or two of olive oil to a dry material and buff out the rusty spots.
Method 3: How to Clean Stainless Steel Jewelry with an Ultrasonic Cleaner
Ultrasonic cleaners are incredible for deep cleansing stainless steel jewelry and other jewelry portions. However, they must no longer be used for jewelry with loose settings or gemstones. Here’s the way to clean stainless steel jewelry using an ultrasonic cleanser:
- Fill the ultrasonic cleaner with clean water.
- Add a few drops of moderate dishwashing cleaning soap to the water.
- Place your stainless steel jewelry inside the purifier and turn it on.
- Let the jewelry undergo the cleansing method for the recommended time, which may additionally vary depending on the machine and the level of dirt.
- Once the cleansing cycle is complete, remove the jewelry and rinse it with water.
- Dry the jewelry very well before wearing or storing it.
Method 4: Use Toothpaste as an Effective Stainless Steel Cleaner
Toothpaste can be an effective cleaner for stainless steel jewelry. However, it’s critical to choose simple white toothpaste with no additives or whitening agents. Here’s a way to use toothpaste to smooth stainless steel jewelry:
- Apply a small quantity of white toothpaste on a moist and smooth fabric.
- Gently rub the toothpaste onto the jewelry, avoiding contact with gemstones.
- Rinse the jewelry with warm water to clean the toothpaste.
- Dry the stainless steel pieces thoroughly to avoid water wastage.
Method 5: Homemade Cleaner with Vinegar For Cleaning the Steel Jewelry
Vinegar is a versatile cleaning agent that can be used to clean stainless-steel jewelry and disinfect it. To make the vinegar-based jewelry cleaner you must follow the following steps:
- Mix equal composition of warm water and white vinegar in a small bowl or put together the solution in a twig bottle.
- If using a bowl, soak the jewelry in the vinegar solution for a few minutes, then rinse it with water and dry it.
- If using a spray bottle, spray the solution onto a soft cloth and gently scrub the jewelry to remove dull areas and sticky residues.
- Rinse the jewelry with water and dry it thoroughly.
Cleaning stainless steel jewelry is an easy process that may be completed with the use of household ingredients and minimal effort. By following the methods mentioned in this blog, which include the usage of mild cleaners like dish soap, baking soda paste, ultrasonic cleaners, toothpaste, or vinegar solutions, you can easily maintain the shine of your stainless-steel jewelry. These methods are cost-effective, easily available, and allow you to keep your jewelry looking its best without the need for costly jewelry cleaning experts.